chapteriosity

Chapteriosity

Chapteriosity is a book blog focusing on YA books and features book reviews, discussion and occasionally some random posts about other subjects such as manga or anime. Formerly known as Pansycake Reader, Chapteriosity was created on December 27th, 2012 as an outlet for Kezia to share her thoughts about books she has read.
Demigods and Monsters: Your Favorite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series - Rick Riordan Being a PJO/HoO and Greek mythology fan, I felt that I would love this. So I finally finished it and honestly I thought it was boring. Sure there were essays that I liked (such as Jenny Han's Eeny Meeny Miney Mo(m): Picking Your Very Own Godly Parent) but I felt that reading this was like a chore or school homework I had to finish.

Well, I did finish this book.

However...I dragged my ass and skimmed through the second half.

This book is a collection of essays from other authors about PJO series. It wasn't THAT bad, really. In fact, I learned cool stuff about Greek mythology through this book and I found some parts to be really funny. But I thought the Greek mythology sorta backfired and it started to get very tedious reading about all of them it was impossible for me NOT to skim. I doubt younger readers would find this fascinating enough...

Thank you Smart Pop Books and Netgalley for sending me the galley, this doesn't affect my opinions at all.

***